Validus Privacy Notice
Applications & Recruitment
This privacy notice details how we handle the information we learn about you when you apply for a job at Validus or one of our group companies. This privacy notice applies to personal information processed as part of the application, interviewing and recruitment processes by or on behalf of Validus-IVC Ltd as a data controller.
Protecting the privacy and personal data of our visitors is of utmost importance to us. It is a key consideration in the way we create, organise and implement our business, both on-line and off-line. Our website follows the principles set out in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and the Recommendation of the Council concerning Guidelines Governing the Protection of Privacy and Trans-border Flows of Personal Data (C(80)58/FINAL).
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to regularly check our website for changes to our privacy notice.
Validus-IVC Ltd and our Data Protection Officer
Ordinarily, Validus-IVC Ltd will be data controllers of any personal data processed as part of our receiving incoming job applications. We have appointed Nick Foster (General Manager) as our dedicated data protection officer (“DPO”).
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
If you apply to us for a job, either directly or through a recruitment agency, we collect and store the personal information that we receive as part of the application, interviewing and recruitment process.
- What is the source of your personal information?
We collect such of your personal data as you or your agents volunteer to us upon applying, being interviewed for or being recruited for a job at Validus. In addition to this data, we may collect the technical information referred to in our general Privacy Notice relating to cookies if you have applied through our website.
- What do we use your personal data for?
If you apply to us and provide your personal data to us voluntary, whether or not through an agency, we will process this data in so far as it is necessary to deal with your application. The data will then be stored on an internal database for records purposes until we consider it appropriate to delete it, taking into account the original purpose of processing and the other factors highlighted in section 13 below.
We intend to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information. Validus-IVC has implemented technologies and security policies to protect the stored personal data of our users from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. We will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available. Validus-IVC employees and processors who have access to personal data are contractually obliged to respect the privacy of our visitors and the confidentiality of their personal data.
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so
- With your consent (or explicit consent where appropriate)
- When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We do not provide your details to third parties except where you consent to this.
At any time you can ask us not to further disclose your name and address to others by sending an e-mail to the Validus DPO’s details shown below.
- How and when can you withdraw your consent?
If you do not want your details used in this manner described above, you can opt-out at the application stage.
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the DPO’s details shown below.
- Is your personal information transferred outside the EEA?
We will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should inform us promptly of any change to the details you submit via the website by sending details in writing to the Validus DPO, whose details are shown below.
- Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We may be unable to provide you with a full range of services or opportunities if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll endeavour to make this clear.
- Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.
We may monitor where permitted by law and we’ll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, to prevent or detect crime, in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information will only be shared for the purposes described above.
- What about other automated decision making?
We do not make automated decisions about you using only technology, where none of our employees or any other individuals are involved.
- For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our business, recruitment activities and relationship with you
- For as long as we provide information or assistance to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to any automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the DPO’s details shown below.
- Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us using the DPO’s details shown below to exercise these rights.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to The General Manager, Validus-IVC Ltd, 1 Prince of Wales Road, Norwich NR1 1BD.