The Validus development team has adopted a 6-phase “Agile” methodology with reviews conducted at strategic points in the process.
The six phases are:
- Requirements and Analysis – Gather and analyse business, functional and non-functional requirements to create one unambiguous set of requirements.
- Technical Design – Divide or partition the system into conceptual components and specify their behaviour.
- Review and Approval – Conduct a formal review of the changes approving and adding to development roadmap.
- Development – Transform the design into a working system that satisfies all the requirements.
- Testing – Verify that the completed product/change meets all requirements.
- Release & Maintenance – Release changes documenting any new enhancements for future iterations.
The development process works to a 4-week iteration cycle to deliver and test new functionality. New releases are usually deployed into production at 1 to 3 month intervals depending on the size and content of the release.